Wednesday, February 13, 2008

My First…

Its always going to be fun when you recollect your thoughts about your first ever things in life. On a sleepless night, when I attempted to do so, I was pleasantly surprised…. I could remember sooooo many!! It made me happy and took me back to the past ;)

Here we go....

First ever theatre experience – HE-MAN (English) - 1st standard

First School - Nalini School (That school is no more now)

First ever tamil movie in theatre – Varusham 16 (When I was in 1st standard)

First ever stage experience - Appeared on stage for Pledge (U.K.G)

First uniform - White shirt and a dark brown half-trouser

First class teacher - Ms. Vimala (My English teacher, 1st standard)

First stage competition – Fancy dress – Dressed up like a doctor (2nd standard)

First stageplay – Played the role of a district collector (3rd standard)

First time ever to get a prize – A certificate in Drawing Competition (Consolation prize - 3rd Standard)

First competition ever won – English Essay competition (4th standard)

First book ever read - The Secret Seven (Never completed it though ;) )

First ever Flight travel – Madurai to Chennai (When I was in 8th standard, went all alone :D)

First ever watch – Titan (Got it when I was in my 4th standard, which I lost in a few days!)

First pet – Guppy fish (Had it in a Horlicks bottle)

First cycle – BSA Champ

First ever letter – To my aunty (I guess in 1st standard) – The letter is still with me :)

First ever out-of-state trip – Guruvayoor, Kerala

First cartoon ever watched – HE-MAN

First ever comic hero - HE-MAN

First actress who attracted me – Manisha Koirala (Bombay)

First actor who attracted me – Kamal Hassan (Don't raise your eye-brows! I was a Kamal fan till 1st standard. Then, I became a Rajini Fanatic!!)

First close friend – Pradeep Kumar

First sport – WWF (WWE now)

First favourite sportsperson – Hulk Hogan (WWE)

First favourite cricketer – Vinod Kambli (I used to wear ear-ring like him and deliberately bat left-handed)

First school trip – A trip to Thanjavur medical college for the exhibition(10th standard)

First ever theme park experience - VGP Golden Beach, Chennai (5th standard)

First ever star hotel experience - Hotel Trident, Chennai (5th standard)

First ever two-wheeler – Sunny (9th standard)

First ever Jeans – Oxemberg

First perfume – BRUT

First pocket video game - Brick game

First computer – PCL 248 MB with DOS

First software ever used – Poet (A DOS s/w, which is still with me)

First ever computer game – Prince of Persia I

First ever CD bought - Audio CD of 'Uyire' -300 rupees - 1998

First ever online shopping - Bought a T.shirt in rediff.com for 199 bucks (College 1st year)

First ever e-mail id – Yahoo! (10th standard -Not using it right now)

First ever cricket tournament played– Star Air Travels’ Cricket Competition (Played under lights- Town Higher Secondary School,Kumbakonam – 1997)

First car-driving experience – Maruti Omni (9th standard)

First gadget used – Talking watch (Very famous that time! – 7th standard)

First communication device used – Pager (10th standard)

First cellphone – Nokia 3210 (12th standard)


First cellphone operator – BPL (That was a prepaid card)

First ever fancy number – Airtel - 9894012348

First salary - Rs.3000(I was a student then)

First ever ‘cut’ experience in college – I cut the afternoon classes and came to thanjavur to meet up my school friends

First ever inter-school competition – Inter school science exhibition at Sri Matha Matriculation school (11th standard)

First ever cricket match that I watched in the stadium – India vs Pakistan, Independence Cup, M.A.Chidambaram Staduim, Chennai – 1997

First banking account - ICICI Bank, Kumbakonam (College 1st year)

First cooking experience - Omelette (Just a month ago...hehe)

First crush – Kandippa sollanuma??

First love – Ofcourse, Mom and Dad (hehe)

Why don't you try listing out yours??

Cheers,
Gowri Shankar

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Its really amazing da...that u remembered those things,which is very hard for anyone..(for me,its really hard).....
Im also very happy to see my name over there da....Thanks to 9th std revision test,that made me once again close to u after our early school days at NALINI SCHOOL....
Also tell us the reason of ur first college cut,where we went....everything....

Unknown said...

Super Gowri, epdi evalu neyabagam vechirukka? chinna vayasula KamalHassan pedikum inu unnmaiya sollirukka endha movie naala pedichadhuinu sollala...

sari sari First crush yaaru?

Unknown said...

hey gowri..
amazing,gr8....sola varthaigale varala...unaku ivalavu memory power ah ...!!interest ah irunthathu padikarathuku...i started to recollect things..but koncham than pana mudinchithu...gud and amazing work..keep it up!!!i know ur first crush!!! he he...:)

Vignesh Page said...

Hai Gowri,
First time am giving u this Title - "Everlasting Memory Man"

Anonymous said...

Deiii.. Good post... but i guess u missed "first kidding" ....is that a secret..? ... whom did u tease first??????

Rakul005 said...

Gud one dhaa...
It made me keep a steady smile throught, from first sentence till the very last.

One more simple trick to enchance ur extrodinary memory...Dis really works.

If u want to remember something, nothing helps better than tryin to forget it.

hope ur list expands...

awaiting ur nxt post for a chance to get a long smile again. :)

Unknown said...

enabhagan varuthe .....enabahgam varuthe ......enabhagam varuthe....

cheranin autograph partha mathri iruthathu....

anyway good one :))

Anonymous said...

vande matharam

Though simple idea still its out of box.Gr8 to see rediff.com mentioned as am the ONLY user of it now. The latest news in dt is probably " Sachin scores 10,000 one days runs" :D
Hopefuly we can see one more such blog after a decade WITHOUT someting called "First Wife" J/K............

Yul Kay

Bala said...

dei sooper da..
the best part is when I was reading ur blog..
line by line i was thinking of my past too..

You should have given ur first crush also..
Autograph padam Patha maathiri irundhirukum ..lol..

Nilofer Anbarasu said...

aanaalum nee romba nallavanda…..
What about ur first Smoking n Drinking?

@Divi
//i know ur first crush!!! he he...:) //
Can u reveal it please….

Gowri Shankar said...

@ Raja,
This blog is about my first-ever things/experiences in life. I may come up with another blog with things that I have never done in my life... May be you can expect these stuff over there....

Am a proud tee-totaller :)

Anonymous said...

gowri nan solatuma ila neeyae solriyaa.. :)Raja avan solalaina nane solren...

Gowri Shankar said...

divya... nee dhaaralama sollu. Aana, ennoda adutha post unna pathiya irukkum parava illaya??

Anonymous said...

No Comments :)

Unknown said...

epdi dhan gnabagam vachirikiyo.. Out of ur list i was able to recollect only 3 or 4 for myself..
different post..

Good morning teacher ( U know wat i mean) :-)

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat methods[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or misunderstood ways to produce an income online.