Tuesday, September 11, 2007


I swear – iPod is the best invention of this decade. Undoubtedly, it is the best of all the gadgets that I have. iPod is too good but at times, that itself becomes a problem. The following poem (not sure whether it really is a poem) is an outcome of my frustration on an insomniac night….


In search of sleep....


It was another weary day

I lay on my bed

Trying hard to rest my brain

Too many problems thrust upon

Eyelids refuse to kiss each other

In search of sleep, I scuffle

I finally decide to switch on my iPod

Sleep comes on click of a button

A perfect example of how mechanical

My life has become

Music makes its way to my ears

I enjoy the pleasurable sensation it creates

In search of a better song, I browse

Too many choices to make

Not convinced on one,

I keep hopping from one song to another

It makes me impatient

Yes, man’s soul is a monkey

Realization happens again.

I decide to give-up the search for song

And get back to the search of sleep

The struggle continues….

Too many cooks spoil the food

Too many choices spoil the mood

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey i liked the essences! Keep it up

Nilofer Anbarasu said...

//Yes, man’s soul is a monkey... Too many choices spoil the mood//
-- Yes, I too encountered the same many times. A decade b4,I
watched 'Oliyum Oliyum' in DD with lot of interest, bcoz songs were relayed only once in a week that too for 1 hr. But now-a-days, songs are relayed almost 24X7 in all satellite channels but I do not have patience to watch a single song completely, in search of something, I used to change the channel and atlast it ends up with frustration.

Femin Shibu said...

WOW!!!! It really happens...
Nice taste..
I couldn't miss even a single word while reading this post... Really I like it...

Rathna said...

Gowri Sir,

It is not bcoz of frustration... It all bcoz u love someone and you are not exposing it to her.. I think tomorrow you will write " Oh Man nowadays im not able to eat properly".... Hmmm lemme wait and see.. Anyways a good one!


:)) (Eppidi Pottalum Goal Podranae) Correcta Gowri???

wutanger said...

i agree abt the love part.. thambi who is dat gurl?

Anonymous said...

nice poem....feel panni eluthana mathiriyae iruku..i wont ask who is that girl???..don worry..gud work

Rakul005 said...

"Eyelids refuse to kiss each other"... aaha...suuuper.
semma expression.

I completely agree... this thing happens with a mp3 player with 50 song.... no to mention the huge ipod...

i mostly listen to 10songs the max..

Sri Pradha said...

ipod.....

not baad dha.... u're Gooood AT this!!!

I din knoe u wer sooo gud at writings POEMS tooo !!! ??? !!!

i agree wit rakul even i wantd to appreciate bout tat line "..."
very XpreSSive!!!

any ways keep up wid the FANTABULOUS work!!!


*btw wen r u writin ur blog on possessiveness .. am waitin fer tat :)*

Unknown said...

LIKE every other confused lad in the country.......!!!!
dont worry...u r not the only one... :))

quartyc said...

ditto rathna's comments here.. !!

ashwin sundar said...

hey ur blog looks really cool da..nice way u have decorated it.. n more than that nice to c ur writing more.. n writing poems???? wat's up wid the poems n all... nice one for a starter dude.. continue...

Unknown said...

Nice.. Gowri..

correct ta solliruka...

"Too many cooks spoil the food
Too many choices spoil the mood"

Anonymous said...

The poem is good da.
Yes da, It s the same old problem of having more choices.
It happens in all S/W engineer life da atleast.... Hope everyone agrees